金士顿即将要推出的随身碟 DT Slim，虽然外表看起来没有什么独特之处，不过这款随身碟改善了这种小小片型随身碟的不方便之处 -- 插进 USB 很难拔起来 -- 就是尾端有作突起，这样在拔随身碟时会方便许多。规格上 DT Slim 有 8 GB 容量，最高读取速度 5 MB/sec，最高写入速度 1.5 MB/sec。外型体积 38x12.35x44 mm，并拥有五年保固。这款产品没有任何难度，应该会在不久的将来静悄悄地上市...
[DT slim : Kingston's new memory stick]
新的Mac mini提供了更快的速度，更大的存储空间，入门级599美元采用了2.26GHz英特尔酷睿2处理器和2GB的DDR3 1066MHz内存，160GB硬盘，5个USB 2.0端口，FireWire 800，NVIDIA GeForce 9400M集成显卡和光驱。
The DT Slim Kingston is about to put out does not look special at all. But it has some modification for convenience. The small and flat memory sticks make you look awkward when you try to pull it out. The DT Slim has a raised ridge at the end and gives you something to grab on to. Besides the considerate feature, the specs are : 8GB flash memory, max read speed 5MB/sec, max write speed 1.5MB/sec, with a size of 38x12.35x44 mm and 5 years warranty.
799美元版本采用了2.53GHz英特尔酷睿2处理器，4GB内存和更大的320GB硬盘，而顶级的999美元版本则配置有 Mac OS X Leopard Server，这也是Mac mini头一回预装服务器软件，它能装下1TB数据，满足能源之星5.0的要求，实现EPEAT金级认证，无PVC零件和电缆，不含溴化阻燃剂，使用高度 可回收材料，功能材料，高效的系统和包装设计。
【favors speed over compression ratio】
Snappy is a compression/decompression library. It does not aim for maximum compression, or compatibility with any other compression library; instead, it aims for very high speeds and reasonable compression. For instance, compared to the fastest mode of zlib, Snappy is an order of magnitude faster for most inputs, but the resulting compressed files are anywhere from 20% to 100% bigger. (For more information, see "Performance", below.)
Snappy has the following properties:
- Fast: Compression speeds at 250 MB/sec and beyond, with no assembler code. See "Performance" below.
- Stable: Over the last few years, Snappy has compressed and decompressed petabytes of data in Google's production environment. The Snappy bitstream format is stable and will not change between versions.
- Robust: The Snappy decompressor is designed not to crash in the face of corrupted or malicious input.
- Free and open source software: Snappy is licensed under a BSD-type license. For more information, see the included COPYING file.
Snappy has previously been called "Zippy" in some Google presentations and the like.
The new Mac mini has the following features:
【i7 c,d = 250,500 MB/sec】
【compress ratio plain text,HTML,JPEGs PNGS = 1.5-1.7x,2-4x,1.0x】
Snappy is intended to be fast. On a single core of a Core i7 processor in 64-bit mode, it compresses at about 250 MB/sec or more and decompresses at about 500 MB/sec or more. (These numbers are for the slowest inputs in our benchmark suite; others are much faster.) In our tests, Snappy usually is faster than algorithms in the same class (e.g. LZO, LZF, QuickLZ, etc.) while achieving comparable compression ratios.
Typical compression ratios (based on the benchmark suite) are about 1.5-1.7x for plain text, about 2-4x for HTML, and of course 1.0x for JPEGs, PNGs and other already-compressed data. Similar numbers for zlib in its fastest mode are 2.6-2.8x, 3-7x and 1.0x, respectively. More sophisticated algorithms are capable of achieving yet higher compression rates, although usually at the expense of speed. Of course, compression ratio will vary significantly with the input.
Although Snappy should be fairly portable, it is primarily optimized for 64-bit x86-compatible processors, and may run slower in other environments. In particular:
- Snappy uses 64-bit operations in several places to process more data at once than would otherwise be possible.
- Snappy assumes unaligned 32- and 64-bit loads and stores are cheap. On some platforms, these must be emulated with single-byte loads and stores, which is much slower.
- Snappy assumes little-endian throughout, and needs to byte-swap data in several places if running on a big-endian platform.
Processor and memory
- 2.53GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor
- 3MB on-chip shared L2 cache running 1:1 with processor speed
- 1066MHz frontside bus
- 4GB (two 2GB SO-DIMMs) of 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM
- One FireWire 800 port (up to 800 Mbps)
- Five USB 2.0 ports (up to 480 Mbps)
Graphics and video support
- NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics processor with 256MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory3
- Extended desktop and video mirroring: Simultaneously supports up to 1920 by 1200 pixels on a DVI or VGA display; up to 2560 by 1600 pixels on a dual-link DVI display using Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter (sold separately)
- Mini-DVI port
- DVI output using Mini-DVI to DVI Adapter (included)
- VGA output using Mini-DVI to VGA Adapter (sold separately)
- Mini DisplayPort output
- Built-in AirPort Extreme 802.11n Wi-Fi wireless 802.11n networking4; IEEE 802.11a/b/g compatible Bluetooth
- Built-in Bluetooth 2.1 EDR (Enhanced Data Rate)
- Built-in 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45 connector)
- Combined optical digital audio input/audio line in (minijack)
- Combined optical digital audio output/headphone out (minijack)
- Built-in speaker
- Mac mini with OS X Snow Leopard Server includes two 500GB hard drives.
- The consumer Mac mini offers one 160GB, 320GB, or 500GB serial ATA hard drives.
- The consumer also comes with a slot-loading SuperDrive with double-layer support (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW): Writes DVD R DL and DVD-R DL discs at up to 6x speed, writes DVD-R and DVD R discs at up to 8x speed, writes DVD-RW discs at up to 6x speed, writes DVD RW discs at up to 8x speed, Slot-load optical drive reads DVDs at up to 8x speed, writes CD-R and CD-RW discs at up to 24x speed, reads CDs at up to 24x speed。